JOURNAL



6th Meeting Questions

On your journal, process your experience with the aid of the following guide questions:


a. What challenge did you take?

I tried to submit quality assignments for a week.

b. Were you able to beat the challenge? How do you feel about it?

Somehow. I feel good about it. Flattering.

c. What have you realized/learned from your experience?


I learned that I can do things as long as I put faith on it and keep believing that I can be the best of whatever I wanted to be.

Assignment for next meeting


a. Read about the effects of smoking.

b. Watch the film “An Inconvenient Truth”, starring Al Gore and directed by Davis Guggenheim.

5th Meeting Question

On your journal, write an essay on the theme “The Most Challenging Thing I have ever Accomplished”. It describes your own experience of completing a task, given your full effort, dedication and determination. This could be about:

a) masterpiece (a painting, a poem, a short story, a song composition, etc.)

b) learned skills (driving, cooking, sports, playing musical instruments, and acting)

c) accomplishments (reaching peak of a mountain, an invention, fixing an appliances/electronic device, finishing trainings for high school cadet officer, etc.

I can say that my greatest accomplishment in life is my family --- my husband and children. As I can recall before, it has been so hard for a young lady like me to take care and rear a child because I, myself then was just starting to evolve from a teenager to womanhood. I really don't know what to do and how to act. But from the moment I married my partner, since I really love this person, everything followed. Moreover, as I gave birth to my son, my world suddenly changed -- a lot. After seeing my children all doing well and hearing feedback from the people I value, I can proudly say that I've done all my best to raise them and I have accomplish to become a very good home maker.

4th Meeting Questions

1. Looking back at the list of your positive characteristics and qualities, what do you feel and realize about it?

I realized that I am really into pursuing my dreams at any cost. I am inspired to do the right things as in having "virtues" most probably because of my children and their future. I wanted to attain all my goals for them and secondarily for my parents and siblings too.


2. The Golden Rule says, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

a. Given the following situations, how would you like to be treated by your teachers and schoolmates:

- when you have given wrong answers to the questions during recitation;

I want the people around me to be considerate enough to accept the fact that I'm not perfect all the time.


- when you are expressing your opinion during class or group discussion;

I want the people around me to listen as I would listen to them on their turn.


- when you are giving suggestions during group work or presentation;

I want the people around me to analyze my work first before going to a conclusion whether it's a good or a bad remark.


- when you commit mistake;

I want the people around me to fully understand that I'm just a human; flesh and blood, born to make mistake.


- when you don't like doing what they ask you to do;

I'm very transparent when it comes to my emotion. Of course if I'm ask to do something that I don't like doing, I will not guarantee them that the outcome will be that pretty well.


- when they want to give you comments or suggestions?

All I wanted is a little respect. We have the so-called SELF DIFFERENCES which contributes to our own distinction in terms of opinion and remarks.


b. Considering the given ideas on how to treat others with respect what can you commit to yourself in terms of dealing with the MCL commmunity: teachers, students, employees, security, maintenance/janitors and canteen personnel?

For my self, I will respect the reality that I have weaknesses and misgivings.

I will respect the fact that all the people in the MCL community are just like me, I will treat them with respect as I wanted them to treat me in return.

Comments

jEaNsTer_02 said…
im glad that u can be a student and a mother at the same time! u're s0 gR8!^_^ God bless!

Popular posts from this blog

JOURNAL